Re: Email to John Laws regarding comments this morning

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:53:10 +1100, "Garry Hoddinett"
<hoddos@netspace.net.au> wrote:

>> Dear John,
>>
>Well said.  Perhaps CityRail should enter some secret sponsorship with Mr
>Laws to further their cause.  Perhaps Mr Laws has some secret sponsorship
>arrangement with Mr Murdoch to publicize his papers headlines?

Doesn't John have one with the road transport mob?

>More seriously though, Mr Laws comments are misplaced but non the less it
>was it was bloody incompetence on the part of CityRail.  I suspected
>something was wrong when the train started going up the Seven Hills
>flyover - this should surely have been an extremely rare movement for an
>Interurban - why didn't the driver query the signal?  It then should have
>been further obvious to an experienced Interurban driver that something must
>be wrong if the signal also indicates he is to proceed up the Richmond
>branch - again why didn't he query it?

 Incompetence is a bit rich. Sure it shouldn't happen, but it does,
humans are involved. But all this crap. Nine news tonight had one that
two saftey breaches have occoured (two mis-routings). When did they
become saftey breaches, when there is no danger!

 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.