Re: Peterbrough Station news Wed 15th Dec 1999.

Good afternoon from Peterborough Station in South Australia
it it very dusty and stormy today temp 35%.
Today I have seen about the fastest freight train in two
years at the station,  This was the westbound BHP
fight at 15:34  which was on the main line and crossed the
eastbound BHP freight   which was waiting on the loop,
both locos NR113 and NRN9 were flat strap through
the platform and the two traffic crossings, taking
with it an empty swaying bucking consist and a big
cloud of dust. Why such a hurry I wander.
enough of my stories and back to the :
     Indian Pacific which came gracefully into the platform
The tall car Captain whom I have not seen before, stopped
the train right on where he wanted it, then helped an old man
with a walking stick on board , two others joined the train
also , one for Broken Hill ,the other for Sydney.

14:15 CST  /  A  beautifully spotless eastbound Trailer Railer
with  NR74 in charge, I did notice quiet a few of the Flap
fasteners had come undone.

15:20 the eastbound BHP freight with a consist of steel blooms
and rolling mill products from Wyalla loco was NR102. This
eastbound train was waiting on the loop and crossed the
westbound BHP freight with an empty consist.

15:33 The westbound BHP freight with locos NR113 and NR49
was kept waiting on the main line with a red home signal, whilst
the Eastbound BHP freight moved onto the loop, The westbound
BHP freight then powered away down the main line in vast
haste.  end of story.
Enjoy your Trains.

Robin
My Page1 : http://www.ozemail.com.au/~stationmaster/