Re: Monday (13/12/99) Night's Melb-Syd XPT

stephen wrote in message ...
>What happened with this service that was supposed to leave Melbourne
>around 8.00 pm on Monday 13/12/99?
>
>My mother was bussed from Melbourne to Albury last night then XPT to
>Sydney. It seems it was about an hour late out of Albury, and about
>two hours late into Sydney. Passengers, including my mother, who thus
>missed the connection with the Sydney-Murwillumbah XPT were then
>bussed north.
>
>I'm simply curious as to what the problem was.

Dunno if it had any effect, BUT there was a power car change on NT1 -
Brisbane XPT at Central on Monday 13/12. *Perhaps* (you know, wild
speculation) there was some problem at Meeks Road, and ST3 left horribly
late, and they terminated it at Albury, and this stuffed things up all day?

Yet another example of the XPT fleet being over-utilised.

Dave