Re: Wanted to Lease or Buy: 10,000 HP

What are those new ones that BHP Iron Ore are using? The 6070 class. They
look like conversions of one of the massive Do-Do locomotives in the US, the
Centennial class loco. The latest Track and Signal magazine has two photos
of them. The photos shows the locomotive in relation to a 180cm tall person,
the bogie itself dwarfs the men in the photo. It's about 4 metres high,
weighs 199.6 tonnes, can carry 20,820 litres of fuel and a top speed of
100km/h. They are rated at 6,000 HP using an AC Traction system. The locos
are products of GE USA and one could set you back about $6 million. Note
they are still Co-Co locos.

Is that enough information?

--
Dean A. Stalker