my links pages have been updated

Hi everyone,

Over the last few days I have been updating my rail links pages, so if you'd
like to check them out (and help verify that all the links work properly, as
well as suggest others I can add) please go to

http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd/links.html

for the main links page, or

http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd/dcc_links.html

for the DCC links page.

I'll be adding more as I go through current issues of AMRM, MR, RMC, etc.
but feel free to suggest anything.

Also, I've finally put online the old PPT railway archives. The stuff in
these archives is *very* old, with most of the files dating from before 1995
or thereabout! 8-)

However, you can check the archives out by going to

http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd/archives.html

I do intend to go through all the stuff in the archives and toss a lot of
the files that are irrelevant now. Much of the data has been supplanted by
other web sites, but since the PPT archives where around before the WWW was
the widely-used medium it is now, a lot of the information is probably
useful from a historical perspective. Let me know what you think about the
files which are are so I can get a more varied opinion on what to keep and
what to delete...

BTW, can people recommend good *SCSI* scanners (either flatbed or film)
which have TWAIN support? I still don't have a scanner, but I want to get
one to start scanning in some of my railway photo collection for my online
archives. My photo collection contains some 5000 images, most of which were
taken between 1989 and 1995 when I was most active with the camera (ie.
centering around my years working at Enfield).

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport