Re: A whole lot of flag waving going on.....

Fred Morley wrote in message <944598883.305809@ns.idl.com.au>...
>That is correct,when atrain arrives at a worksite if the work section is
>clear then the flagperson gives agreen flag to the train conerned then
>telephones the next blockpost that a train has entered the section complete
>then the flagperson at the other end notifies the blocpost in the rear when
>the train has passed complete,so that further movements can be done either
>way.
A few observations on Thursday afternoon (when there were very few trains)

Toongabbie:  Signs reading "Commencement of Block Working Section" on
signals S18.7 and M18.7.  These signals at "stop" with the trip arms up.
Safeworking persons authorising trains to proceed to Seven Hills, and using
telephones.

Toongabbie - Seven Hills - Blacktown - Doonside.  Block posts (red sign
"Block Post" at departure end of platform) at each station (with a sign 500m
in the rear "Block Post 500m" on each track.  All signals at red/red with
trip arms down.  Red flag in the four-foot and detonators used to protect
each section until a train was reported by 'phone as clearing the section.
Trains seen on the Down Suburban and Down Main.

Doonside - Blacktown - Seven Hills - Toongabbie.  Same arrangements.  I
didn't see any trains on the Up Main, but flagpersons were standing by.

I didn't see much waving of flags - just a green flag held out to authorise
each departure.

Rgds

Bill