Peterbrough Station news Thur 9th Dec 1999.

Good evening from Peterborough in The Mid North
of South Australia, time 19:43 CST.
Thursday is the quietest day of the week at this station
only  few movements to report.
12:50  westbound TNT freight Loco in charge NR20 and
NR47, waited on the loop for the 13:00 eastbound TNT
freight which came through at speed on the main line,
loco in charge  NR58 and NR117.
15:10 eastbound BHP freight from Whyalla with three
locos up front NR104 / NR22 and NR16.

I am working on a new project which involves a very bad
railway accident in 1951 involving 4 steam locos of the Vic (AT)
Class which were involved in a collision of two Overland
Trains at Silverton on the SA / VIC border.

I would welcome any advice about this accident, and I will
provide information which I have to any one interested.

My Page : http://www.ozemail.com.au/~stationmaster-
Photos: http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/Peterborough/
Email: stationmaster@ozemail.com.au