Re: [VIC] Hillside train on Broadmeadows line

: >Hillside Trains use Flemington Racecourse Stabling Sidings to store
: >trains during weekdays between AM and PM peaks.  They all run as empty
: >cars between Flinders Street and the siding.

: Railvic
: Actually Flem race trains can use plat 3 at Nth Melb if they go up the East
: Suburban lines although this is not that common, however I have seen it done

And they could also use the loop.

Back in 1997 when the Upfield Line was closed a train was provided to Newmarket
for a bus connection to Flemington Bridge.

When there were races or during the show the trains were continued from
Newmarket to either the Showgrounds or Flemington Races (expect for
things like Cup Day, they just ran normal race trains and buses from
North Melbourne for the Upfield Service)

So we have had trains using platform 1 or 3 at NME and stopping all stations
via the loop for Races and the Show.

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord