Alice to Darwin Railway, its a comedy show.

I know we have the festive season upon us but it is
more like the silly season here in the Alice.
Let me list a few of the Alice to Darwin Railway
stories and happenings up here recently.

"The hills are so steep just North of the Alice Springs
yards, the trains will have to back out South and block
the level crossings to get a "run up".!
Can you believe this.?   I probed around and found this
was started by the local road transport "lobby".

"The railway will be built from Tennant Creek 305 Kms
North, and Katherine 660 Kms North respectively, ALICE
SPRINGS MISSES OUT."!  This one was fanned by the Alice
Springs Council.  Think about this one for the moment,
do they think the whole construction crew will remain
based in Alice Springs for the duration.???

Today the Chief Minister of the NT on a hosing down
mission chaired a meeting in Alice Springs to extol the
"real benefits and opportunities" to the people here.
The conference was advertised in the local press with a
dirty washed out photo of double track in a cutting
with NSW clearances.
Underneath this grotty photo was another with what
appears to be a retouched model photograph of a US
domestic EMD GP9 sitting on its 4 wheel bogies with
Kadee couplers, ...............unbelievable.

There is a whole lot more, I will post later.

----Terry Burton