Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

Dave Proctor wrote:

> John MacCallum wrote in message <3848679F.7AA014EA@MYlisp.com.au>...

> >> Nip that one in the bud- definitely not correct.
> >
> >How do you know what was said to the Driver of the V set?
>
> They would not tell a driver to "ignore" the signals, they would tell him to
> comply with the appropriate procedures for a signal failure. Even if they
> HAD told the driver to "ignore" them, the driver should have ignored that
> direction and followed the correct procedures anyway.
>
> Dave

I don't think that it is appropriate for this endless discussion
and speculation about what happened or may have happened.
This dreadful event is the subject of multiple inquires and
we on the outside looking in do not have enough information
to know exactly what happened.
I personally know Kevin Sinnet and I also know the Driver of the
Indian Pacific. Both of these men I consider to be not only good
and decent human beings but also very competent train Drivers.
Sad facts are that this obviously should never have been able
to occur and that the procedures set out in the Safe Working units
covering passing Signal at stop in Track Block and Automatic
failed.
Kevin is understandably very distressed and as you can appreciate
wants the truth to come out. He is not concerned for his himself
and as always is the case with him he wants to do the right thing.
I only hope that the powers that be are as fair dinkum as Kevin!

--

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum

remove MY from MYlisp to get the real email address.