Re: Head on in the Western district

Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

<snip>

>Its also worth noting that Rails competitors, namely road , sea and to a
>lesser extent air , all operate without a mandatory requirement to "know
the
>road."
>All thats required is a qualification / endorsement , on the vehicle being
>operated,not on where its going.

This is certainly not true for sea transport. It may be possible to sail on
the open sea without "knowing the road" but a master cannot get a ship into
any Australian port without a pilotage exemption certificate. I think this
also applies for transit through some of the Barrier Reef waters.

Barry Campbell