Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains - more details

Hi

There was no brave intentions or otherwise intended..........I could of went
to the scene or surrounds and cause more problems for the emergency services
but I didn't, I am getting just as much info (if not more) sitting here at
home listening to my scanner with the TV on and reading this ng.

Just further to the behind the scenes info, the passengers who were not
deceased or taken to hospital were taken to Glenbrook Oval then ater the
Glenbrook Bowling Club for counselling and identifcation/investigation
purposes..

It is ironic that much of the access problems that the emergency services
are having with access to and from the site are from parked vehicles (media,
general public and other emergency services vehicles).

Arrangements are being made for buses to continue running through the peak
hour between Penrith and Springwood.

The CityRail website had a small mention of the accident earlier but is down
(again) as of 1500 2/12, GSR's website had no mention of it and
CountryLink's phone info number advises that WT28 Up Central West XPT is
expected to arrival in Sydney on time tonight (I doubt it). Naturally, the
down Indian (WL1) will not be running as it would have been formed by the
set involved in the accident.

NSW Police inquiry line for CityRail train passengers 1800 805 156
GSR inquiry line for Indian Pacific passengers 132 147

Finally, my sympathy to the families and friends of the deceased and I hope
that the injured recover quickly. To the emergency services and the people
behind the scenes co-ordinating the rescue and recovery operation, keep up
the good work. I hope that lessons and the truth will be learnt.

Eric