Tunnels

AFAIK this thread died with WA, SA, Tas, Vic & NSW covered, and no entries
for Qld.

Jan.50 AR&LHS Bulletin had a list from C C Singleton of all of the
abandoned railway tunnels in NSW.  He had written the item while listing
all railway tunnels in use, but I have not found the main list.

May 53 ARHS Bulletin had a brief article on the construction of the Kuranda
line.  It mentioned in part:
15 tunnels, ranging from 51 m to 430 m.

In Brisbane:
Roma St - Central: two twin-track tunnels.
Central - Bowen Hills
Bowen Hills - Mayne (former tunnel opened??)
Roma St - South Brisbane (new tunnel for Merivale Bridge)
Wooloongabba: tunnel closed, then area opened out as motorway.
Vulture St: twin ng tunnel; single sg tunnel.
Any others in the suburban area?
aha: artificial tunnel at Beenleigh.

AFAIK there was only ever one tunnel on the North Coast line.  Does it
still exist, or was it bypassed by one of the electrification deviations?

Brisbane - Toowoomba: one in the Little Liverpool Range?   Any others?
Nothing south-west or west of Toowoomba?

Information from this thread is being collated (partly by me, partly by
another poster) with a view to publishing in RNV and on a web page.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith