Re: C508 - PHOTOS OF NEW NATIONAL RAIL LIVERY

markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote in aus.rail:

><<<<<<I have it that on good advise that C508 will run as a lead unit on an NRC
>train to Albury on 15th of September.
>
>Also that retired V.R. Loco Inspector Gerald Dee will be riding on the
>loco.>>>>>
>
>Wonder if Gerald will be using Maitland or State Mine coal? :-)

What? I think the Cab Committee has gone a bit too far this time and
that in addition to the air-conditioned cab, Retention Toilets, CD
stereo-player, kettle, micro-wave oven, Notebook P.C., cab-curtains
and softly-diffused cab-lighting, they now include a fireplace? In a
C-class? What's this world coming too? I don't want to know about it
when they start including freshly cut flowers in the cab-window and a
pipe-stand. That's some work place you got there fellas - a real home
away from home. I bet the lounge.....errr......cab is starting to take
overmost of the length of the loco.

Some might say that this was the only way they could entice Mr. Dee
back into a Diesel Loco, although I can't see him needing much
encouragement.

(:-))

Les Brown