Re: Strategic Reserve.

It was interesting to see the replies I got. I received some useful
information and accounts.

Sadly there are always a few who do not bother to read the
original message. I said I don't particularly believe the SR but
what I am chasing is the myth. I asked the question to see if
its only us Brits who seem to have this alleged pool of locomotives.

As a researcher you look at all accounts, then make up your mind.
I can be sceptical because I have bothered to look at the evidence,
or lack of it. Being an armchair sceptic is easy.

Why am I looking at this. I am trying to trace where all this started
and why it started. Maybe then we can quell the myth or mystery for
once and all. Its no good to say "Its not true because I say so."

Of course there are those who claim all the records for scrapping
of the locomotives prove that there is no SR. I challenge any of
those to actually prove their claims. The point is there were a few
errors made in the scrapping records and this helped feed the myth.

I'm not saying the locomotives were hidden away but the poor record
keeping of a few locomotives fed the fire. This is where the conspiracy
crowd jumped in and started the rumours. Its all platform end rumour.

I said I was investigating the SR, I never said I believed it. I wanted to
compare notes with accounts from abroad. Thanks to those who sent
me them.

At least it sparked a bit of debate.

Cheers

Rory Lushman.