2800s in SEQ

Last week, John Hoyle noted 2843 at the shed at Mayne, and I saw in June
2829 and 2818 trundling around the Sunshine Coast hinterland on light engine
jobs.

Does anyone know how they are working these locos now? I suspect they are
coming down vehicle or light engine and going back the same way. The working
of them periodically on C249 or CC49 in the afternoon seems to have ceased
and they are not working the Power Train as they were slated to do last
year.

Any ideas as to what workings they are doing and photo opportunities in SEQ
(preferrably in daylight in action)

Rod Milne