Re: Three Weeks on the Gold Coast

> We are going to be spending the three weeks Sept 3rd / Sept 23rd on the
Gold
> Coast and would be grateful if any Queensland Members could provide a bit
of
> info regarding the following:
> 1: Do cattle trains still run in the Brisbane area and if they do where is
> the best place to photograph them?

Either of the extreme ends at Milton station are great photo op's.... diesel
hauled SX passenger sets in the mornings (0729, 0829), freight of all sorts
all day and night (electric and diesel-hauled), the Westlander from
Charleville on Wed. and Sat mornings around 1100-1200, the GSPE if you're
lucky, even the odd steam loco if it is being used coming up from
Redbank (?) ...

http://qroti.bit.net.au