'Australian Railway Enthusiast"

Just when I thought this magazine could not get any worse, along comes the
September 1999 issue. What a shocker!!!
Front cover photos are meant to attract the reader. This issue has a fuzzy
phot of K163. Turn the page and we have a terrible reproduction of Yuri's
excellent photo.
There are a couple of short articles and the rest of the mag (rag) is taken
up with letters to the 'editor' from opinionated and self opinionated
pompous hoi polloi.
In the halcyon days the ARE had some great articles and in my 32 years of
receiving this mag the 1999 issues would have to be the worst!
Don't say do a better job because living in WA precludes me from joining the
editorial staff but all I can say to said staff is 'Lift your game,people,
your slip is showing'
I'm sure I will cop some flak but at the same time I am sure there are other
ARE members ( long standing and otherwise) who will agree with me but in a
democratic society, one does have a right to free speech.

NMF