Re: Y2K Fears to Stop Cityrail Trains

[going more off topic here]

But then you yet again have the stupid people that have been led like sheep
undoubtedly by the media hype to believe that they will die and other
drastic things will happen if they dont get their toilet Y2K compliant and
stockpile Y2K compliant food and water. IMHO, for the average household,
Y2K will most probably not affect them much. The only real household issue
would have to be the home PC, and even then limited to a lot older systems.
As far as today's PC's and operating systems go, wait until 2036!! Of the
computers I have tested for that date, just about all email programs and
news clients will shit themselves, and any other application that is date
reliant... Netscape Navigator also died on me in these tests.

Regards
Michael