Re: Indian Pacific Consist Condition

David wrote in message <01beeb69$48e34560$e5a737d2@pentium>...
>Does anyone know how many cars were on the I.P at the time of the accident
>and what is the status of the loco and other vehicles.  Were there any
>death's or people seriously injured.
>Was it a head on crash.
>Are there enough spare I.P cars to take over the set that may be out?
>
>Was there any special  running of trains over this period?
>
>We have not even heard what happened over here in New Zealand
>Kind Regards
>
>David
>
>Prompt Response appreciated!

The accident fortunately was at low speed, a couple of cars were derailed
and a few passengers received injuries of a minor nature.  It looked as
though a baggage car was badly damaged - it was buckled and split, the rest
of the train only minor damage.   I understand the set has now resumed
running (minus that baggage car).   If you want to find out more, just use a
search engine like www.yahoo.com.au , type in "indian pacific" and look up
related news stories, you'll find a number of references to the crash.

regards

David Bennetts
Canberra