David Bromage wrote:

> fg wrote:
> > a) Change to SG
> >     - distances (approx) -
> > north
> > Mt Gambier to Coonawarra    61 km
> > Coonawarra to Naracoorte     40 km
> > Naracoorte to Bordertown       82 km
>
> This line has already been regauged once! If converted to sg, this would
> become (I think) only the second section of railway in the country to
> have been all three major gauges in its lifetime. Quiz: What was the first?
>
> Cheers
> David

Crystal Brook-Peterbourgh.  Don't think that Peterborough - Broken Hill has
ever been BG.  Incidentally, Peterborough has the only triple gauge shed and
yard anywhere that's still operating.  Pt Pirie had one, long gone.  They were
the only two that I can recall.

The other posibillity for triple gauge is Wangaratta.  When did the SG go
through there?  Was it before or after the Wang-Whitfield 2'6" line was closed?

Cheers,
            Jackson