Re: On time running of CityRail suburban services

Chris Downs wrote in message <_pTs3.37$ZF1.4977@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>...
>Most off-peak trains are late?
>
>Me thinks you have the same jinx one of my aunties has.  If she travels by
>train its late (so she says).  Needless to say I've never travelled with
>her!

It appears that the public have this strange perception of trains - if they
are 2 minutes late the service is rotten everywhere - bur take a comparative
look at air travel -

I was taught that the  timetabled departure time of an aircraft was when the
doors shut and the aircraft pushed back from the get, with the reverse for
an arrival. Based on this - check how often you have been on time on an
aircraft - but airlines are not perceived as poor operators (often because
of large amounts of padding in schedules)

I suspect that most people actually count he landing time as the arrival
time rather than the door opening time. Perhaps City Rail should start
saying that they have arrived at Centra when the train passes Sydney Box!

Tony Bailey