Re: Goninans Sold

I'm told that there was no reason why EDI couldn't have bought out Goninan.
The plan was that Goninan would have been taken over by Walkers while Clyde
remained the EMD agents. This would have been a win/win situation for EDI
having a stranglehold on the Aussie rail market as well as promoting
competition between it's two rail companies (Clyde and Walkers). Whilst United
have taken Goninan over it may well be that some Goninans may be sold off at a
later stage (like Maintrain).
Cheers
Bob