Re: On time running of CityRail suburban services

Reuben Farrelly wrote in message <7ouo9h$fg1$1@eplet.mira.net>...
>I stand corrected on this, but here in Victoria a suburban train is "late"
>if it's more than *10* minutes behind the timetable, right?  Worse than
NSW!
>:(

My misunderstanding was that it was 3 minutes until sometime in the 80s then
when train running became more unreliable, they shifted the goal posts to 5
minutes. I don't recall it increasing since then but I could be wrong.
However 10 minutes sounds excessive, even for politicians trying to
manipulate figures. This means that some train services could be a train or
three behind the schedule (depending on time of day and frequency) and still
be on time - there's something wrong with that.