Re: Tunnels

David Bromage wrote in message 37AA381D.A6C9C4DB@omni.com.au">news:37AA381D.A6C9C4DB@omni.com.au...
> Steven Hurst wrote:
> > ~Mansfield Line (Cheviot tunnel)
>
> aka Molesworth?

Molesworth is a couple of stations down the line, but probably survived
longer than the others, hence the name Molesworth being associated with the
tunnel.  I have a booklet titled "Mansfield at last!" which I obtained from
the info centre at the disused Mansfield Station.  It shows the stations as,
in order from tallarook end (and including tunnel):

Tallarook
   Thomson's SDG
Trawool
Granite
Kerrisdale
   Kerrisdale Ballast Pits SDG
Homewood
Yea
Cheviot
<<<Tunnel>>>
Balham
Molesworth
Cathkin (branch to Alexandra)
Yarck
Kanumbra
Merton
Woodfield
Bonnie Doon
Maindample
   Phosphate SDG
Mansfield

I am getting a scanner this month hopefully,and will post the map and some
pics of the tunnel that I took while there on my web site soon
(http://home.primus.com.au/hurste/rail)

regards,

Steven Hurst