Re: Movable span bridges

Pyrmont Bridge was never used by trams, although you drive the bridge like a
tram. I have been in the drivers cabin when the bridge was opened. The gates
on the bridge are also driven with tram style controllers. One set of gates
has spur gears and sounds "like a tram on  Bellevue Hill"!

Cheers
John Wayman

37aafa29.0@iridium.webone.com.au">news:37aafa29.0@iridium.webone.com.au...