Re: All Night Tram Tour

Now if somebody would organize an all-night tram tour for New Years'
Eve......! These tours are popular in some cities of the United States,
having been started in Baltimore in 1960 (as far as I know, that was the
1st one), and now running every year in Philadelphia as well as a few
other places.  They are not tours for the normal gunzels, but more a New
Years' party for people that like trams and like to have a good time.
They attract a much younger and more active group than a normal tour.
Speaking as one who has been on them numerous times, as well as the
originator of them in Baltimore, I can truthfully say that they are fun,
to say the least.  Since I live in Melbourne each summer, and am
friendly with more than a few enthusiast drivers, I'll be more than
happy to organize one if there is any interest from the tram enthusiasts
in Melbourne, IF SWANSTON TRAMS WILL CHARTER ONE THAT NIGHT!