Re: Losing weight on The Ghan.

Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in article
<7oc9ln$12r7$1@otis.netspace.net.au>...
| A woman yesterday rang 3LO's Terry Laidler show complaining about the
Ghan.

| She told of a trip to Alice Springs she and her husband made recently.
|
| The train arrived at Spencer Street (Time tabled about 10pm) at about
0230
| (am), Intending passengers were left at the Station with no access to
food,
| or other facialty (except for blue light tiolets) in the cold for over 4
| hour.
|
| The train departed 4 hours late and remained 4 hours late all the way to
the
| Alice.
|
| She said that she was a diabetic and required food regulaly and whilst
the
| meals on board were good they were so small she required extra food, she
| offered to pay for the additional food but was told that they didn't sell
| food (its all in the fare) however the crew went out of their way to
arrange
| some sandwiches for her.
|
| She asked them what if other passengers wanted extra food and was told:
"We
| don't carry enough food to supply everyone other than what is required
for
| the normal bookings"
|
| Isn't it wonderfull.
|
| SERCO at work.
|
| The more I hear about this company, the more I'm greatfull they didn't
get
| any Victorian railway.

Perhaps it is because SERCO is primarily an operator of commuter services,
(London DLR, Scotrail, Adelaide buses  etc.), where everything always goes
according to plan, and therefore lacks experience in operating tourist
services, which are plagued by unforeseen circumstances such as the above.

Lachlan