Re: Sydney Airport Rail Service

In article <Y5vp3.3438$_Q2.30613@ozemail.com.au>,
Bill McNiven <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>The Rail Service may have started today.
>
>During the morning, a trainload of concrete sleepers appeared on the future
>Up Airport line at Wolli Creek Jct.
>
>4827 and 4819 were standing on the Up Airport line at Turrella Jct.  Both
>these units have exhaust scrubbers and each is painted in a different
>version of a RSA pea-soup green colour.  4819 is lettered 'Rail Services
>Australia' while 4827 is lettered 'RSA' and (on the short hood nose) 'DEMC'.
>(What's a DEMC?).
>
>Is this the first train on the Airport Line?

 Sounds like the same 2 loco's I saw at the other end of the tunnel a couple
of months back. I dont know how far the track laying machine went down the
from the northern portal, but id say those 2 48s have already been in the
airport railway tunnels.

 As of earlier in the week, Wolli Creek Hole still didnt have track. It had
rails though!. They may have spent the last 2 weeks or so dragging rail in
ready for the SMD-80 machine to turn into railway tracks.