Re: Nambour Sugar

In article <7o7uh9$m8g46@atbhp.corpmel.bhp.com.au>,
  "Chris Stratton" <stratton.chris.cp@nospam.bhp.com.au> wrote:
> Stuart Thyer <sthyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
> sthyer-0408990855570001@anatpc31.anatomy.unimelb.edu.au">news:sthyer-0408990855570001@anatpc31.anatomy.unimelb.edu.au...

Monday,
> 9th
> >
> > Excuse the total victorian ignorance, but where is Nambour and more
> > importantly, is it near Rockhampton??  It just so happens I'll be in
Rocky
> > Sat 14th with a hire car.  Hoping I'm in luck, but I'd better get a
map
> > anyway.
> >
> Nambour is on the Bruce Highway 100 km north of Brisbane (or 540 km
south of
> Rockhampton).

Rockhampton is good for Queensland's 3'6" gauge activities, and very
handy to coal workings, but if you are looking for, what to my mind is
the much more interesting, sugar cane working you are out of luck.
Nearest sugar cane operations are at Sarina to the north and Bundaberg
to the south.
JD
--
John Dennis