Re: Steamfreight 99 - Hightlights and not-so-highlights

Geoff WALLACE scribbled something with a chicken feather on 2/08/1999 in
<37A5770C.CC17FBF2@netspace.net.au>:

I was one of these people (assuming it was about 200m on the up side of
Pipeline Crossing) and man did that run really take it out of me :)

Will lookout for any lurking DERMS before its too late next time ;)

With regards to carriage designations A usually stands for first class, B
for second class, C for guards compartment or similar.

Example, a AW carriage is an W type carriage, that is entirely first class,
An BCE type carriage is an E type carriage with second class and guards
compartment. BCPL is a second class carriage with a guards van, and i
believe the PL designation was used for the excursion cars of the time
(Passenger Lounge?).

Regards
Michael