Re: Max Length Of A special Train

Generally, the answer is "no". That is, there would be no reason to
restrict the size of a "special" train any more than an "ordinary" train.
The limiting factors that I can think of will be:

1. The strength of the drawgear.
2. The length of crossing loops or sidings or platforms, also the
proximity of stopping points to level crossings, bridges, tunnels, or
other places where passenger trains should not be stopped
3. The availability of locomotive power on the train (how many locos,
ability to control) to achieve a reasonable acceration rate and top speed
4. The availability of brake compressors to keep the train pipe and
reservoirs charged on a very long train (obviously linked to loco
availability)

30 passenger cars would be an impressive operation - but I reckon that two
or three trains would be needed in most circumstances.

Bill