CityTrain to Browns Plains?

A friend of mine claims he heard a news item on radio saying that
CityTrain would be extended to Browns Plains by 2002 by dual
guage conversion and electrification of the SG line beyond Acacia
Ridge.

Has anyone heard anything about such a project?  It seems quite
unlikely to me - the idea of dual guage conversion down to
Greenbank has been raised a few times over the past few years,
but nothing ever seems to come of it.  My friend usually
listens to an Ipswich station - 106.9FM - so I wonder where
they got this story from?

--Colin

--
This account is a spam filter.  Please send e-mail replies to:
colingw<AT>foxboro.com.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/