Re: Level Crossing (Vic)

The High Street Reservoir booms are similar in some ways to what you
describe here. Often the train comes racing along from Ruthven and is almost
upon the crossing by the time the booms are fully down. One day someone will
be either racing the booms from the road or the train will be going just
slightly faster and someone will be hit.