Re: City Rail Guards

Hi,
I heard there was a bit of a dispute with the union because there were
intentions of allowing outside people (particularly women) in ahead of
currently employed staff. The union issued 72 hours notice of dispute over
the matter aparently but I haven't what has happened since or if it has
affected the new intake. I don't know how true this is either (it's just
hear-say) but the reason they went for outside applications was to fulfill
State Rail's commitment of a greater percentage of women in the Train Crew
workforce. If anyone can verify or knock this on the head, please do.

John.