Re: Another siding to go?

I think you will find that it is just a simple case of level crossing
replacement.
Recently the subway was altered, presumably as part of this.
You will find similar sections of track at the Park Street level crossing
midway between Moonee Ponds and Essendon stations. (Melway REF 28 G6)
There are no sidings there and a sign notifying of level crossing works.
Presumably they will work on both as well as others at a similar time?

I think the Grain siding is safe for the moment.