Re: Second rate Melbourne stations

David Langley wrote:

> MarkBau1 wrote:
>
> > Mobiltown was closed by the time I got to the sparks (mid 1985) but I don't
> > think it had been closed long at that time  so the closure date of 29/1/1985
> > seems like a valid date to me.
> >
> > White City was closed  much earlier. My guess would be approx 1978. Of course I
> > have no way of knowing how long it stood unused before the bulldozers moved in.
> > But I seem to remember it getting bulldozed around 78 or 79.
>
> 4 October 1981.
>
> David Langley.

Just after I had posted a previous reply to this subject I thought of another one of
these unusual industrial platforms that are no longer around.
BP Platform was at 15.5km between Paisley (14.1km) and Galvin (18km) and was in fact
adjacent to Kororoit Creek. It served the Commonwealth Oil Refinery (COR) from 6
August 1923 and was in fact COR Platform. It was renamed BP Platform on 26 Jan 1958
but did not last much longer, closing on 12 Oct 1959. Does any one remember it, I was
just kneee-high-to-a-grasshopper at the time.

David Langley.