Re: 81 at Leighton

Jim Leppitt wrote in message <371ef132@news.virtual.net.au>...
>David,
>What is the latest on the plan to carve up Leighton yard for housing?
>Now that the wheat to North Fremantle is no longer, is there much traffic
>into Leighton?
>Jim

I posted it. Runs 2 or 3 days/week AFAIK.

Redevelopment is contraversial - but my mum watches the news, I don't, so I
missed the rumpus!

Curent draft Metropolitan Freight Strategy plan earmarks a curved link off
Fremantle bridge direct to North Quay. This is shown as having no
substantial current traffic to justify its cost, but required on strategic
grounds.

HTH

DW

>.
>David & Jan Winter wrote in message <371dd9fe.0@news.highway1.com.au>...
>>Was driving past the sadly decimated Leighton Yard yesterday, and saw a
>>rather Blue 81 on the point of a container train. I think it was 8120.
Must