Re: Redfern incident

Stuart Ellis wrote:

> Werris Creek wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what happened at Redfern station tonight around 7.30
> > p.m.
> > There were about a dozen emergency vehicles present including ambos.
> >
> > Werris
>
>    From what I was told, as I was standby, a six car train beacme welded
> to the overhead on the down ESR in the platform. I heard someone say it
> also caught fire. It happend about 6:50 pm, and the train had not moved
> by 9:30pm, and the rumour floating around was it would take several
> hours to clean up the mess. Two trains operated bewteen Bondi Jct and
> Central as yo- yo services, while all ESR services ran via the city
> outer upstairs.
>
> I hope this helps
>
> Stuart Ellis

while we are on such a subject, a friend informed me that on either
monday or tuesday night there was a bit of action at chatswood station,
times are a little blurry at this moment but aparently there was a train
on each platform and a whole heap of cops and other various emergency
vehicles around there, can anyone shed some light on this?
--
I Michael Van Baast       I