Re: Is this a record?

Krel wrote in message <371c1b9d.351672@news.netconnect.com.au>...
>On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:57:05 +1000, David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
>wrote:
>
>>Krel wrote:
>>
>>> 0702 Light Locos from Spotswood to Melbourne last Sunday  11/4/99
>>> consisted of nine NR class locos. They were
>>> NR82+101+44+37+39+92+73+112+71.
>>> 1188 tonnes of locos, 36 000 hp.
>>> Is this a record for a mainline move on a (soon to be ex) Government
>>> Railway?
>>>
>>> Just curious.
>>
>>H.P. wise possibly. No of locos - no.
>>
>Please, tell me more.
>
>Cheers
>
>Krel
>
>Just another eccentric crank.

V/Line may have accidentally set one on Monday night.
crews off the TNT and SCT left two roads at Dynon blocked when they
abandoned their Engines,[2x3 G's] presumably account long hours.
The hapless Wodonga Driver arrived with his single G533, to be asked to haul
all 7 G's to Dynon Loco.
At first he refused, but when he realised they were all Driver Only Loco's
he reluctantly agreed.
The Pilot Driver multied them all up. and 147 meters of solid G Class headed
for the Triangle at South Dynon Junction. Problem No. 1...How does he change
Ends over the river, and into the tunnel?
So he decides to push back from the Home at the Junction......But West Tower
lets out a NRC lon....g super freighter, which crawls out very slowly,
stopping for about 2mins at one stage, before crawling off again.
Our "light" engine movement is now given a low speed proceed, which he
ignores, and finally a medium yellow. He starts to push back, with good
vision, until the leading loco starts to disappear behind trees [ never
realised that would happen.] Now where was that Super Freighter? So he gets
on to the ground and walks to the front of the train, finds it is all clear
and returns to the rear and pushes in behind the dwarf.
On to South Dynon, where thankfully, others have realised his predicament
and meet him to get the locos to the Fuel Point.
Moral of this story.......use your own good sense.....learn to say NO!
The Guys who told this driver to make this move would have been conspicuous
with their absence if anything had gone wrong!!
Rod ;o)