Re: Transrapid at it again

David Bromage wrote in message ...
>The Transrapid Roadshow was back in Canberra yesterday, trying to get the
>Speedrail project cancelled in favour of a maglev.

They obviously believe in the philosophy that if you throw enough mud, some
of it will stick.  Sorry I missed the chance to ask them some sticky
questions.  You have to give them some marks for Teutonic persistence, they
don't give up easily.

Interesting to hear about the TGV becoming airborne - don't think any of the
French ones, even in their high speed tests have managed that.
Interesting concept, when will the first TGV go into orbit?

Wonder what happens if the maintenance workers leave anything behind on the
track for the Maglev?  Will it take off?  It's quite possible, just look at
what happened recently on the Wuppertal monorail, when a train fell off and
dived into the river.

Regards

David Bennetts