Re: 7OO Class on up Patricks.

>>>Can anyone tell me when the last 700 was in Melb?
>>
>>Well I thought that green box I saw back in late March looked too
>>short to be a BL and had grills in the side where BLs don't, but
>>others here knew better at the time ...
>>
>Further to that, it was in or near the NR steel sidings at about the
>same place the C was stored for a long time last year.  I wondered at
>the time if it was here for evaluation as a shunting loco.

I would be surprised if it was a 700. NR do not own them so why would
one be in NRs Steel Yard. The only locos that have been evaluated for
a DOO shunt loco are/were 81 and C class. ASR own the 700s, if one was
in Melbourne it would most likely be at Appleton Dock or maybe South
Dynon Loco or North Dynon Yard.

I am not saying that it wasn't a 700, but I would be surprised.

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.