Re: Canberra-Sydney speedrail

zaggg@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7f2v1l$u03$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to write an article about the Canberra-Sydney speed rail
project.
>I can't seem to find a contact with either of the firms that I know are
>involved (ALSTOM and Leighton). Does anyone know what the status of this
>project is or of someone I could contact to find out the latest
information?
>The most up to date info I have is all from press releases from July and
>August of last year. I'm particularly interested in the technical and
>engineering aspects of the project and not so much the political aspects of
>it.
>
>I apologize if this has been discussed to death here already, but I
couldn't
>find anything when I did a search through Dejanews.
>
>Thanks
>
>z.

Both the companies have web sites mentioning the Speedrail project, you can
look them up at www.leighton.com.au  and www.alstom.com.au   If you want
more detailed info, you could try sending them an email request from those
sites.

BTW, the Canberra Times this morning, under an article headed "High Speed
Train link still on track" refuted a newspaper (unspecified) report
suggesting that the Speedrail project may have faltered.  Federal Transport
Minister John Anderson told a Tourism Council meeting that the report was
untrue.  A Speedrail spokesman said the consortium was on target to
havetrains running by 2004.

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra