Re: VR map, who wants a copy?

Stuart Thyer wrote:

>   Why I ask is I have read that during ww2, a number of loops were opened
> between ballarat and ararat to aid the passage
> of trains.  I do have a reference to them somewhere.  There were about 3
> loops of this nature, I think they would have closed soon after the war.

I would certainly like to see your reference to these because they did not
exist. There were wartime loops on the northeast and on the goulburn valley
lines. The loops you are referring to, I guess, are those provided before the
first world war for grain traffic prior to the Maroona-Gheringhap line opening
in 1913.

David Langley.