Re: Vertical Integration

Bill wrote in message <371582F3.EF980F1D@bigpond.com>...
>I am preparing a paper on Vertical Integration/Separation and am looking
>for information with references or information sources for analysis
>and/or hard facts from experiences, including dates, description of
>access regime (if any) number of rail competitors and
>productivity/efficiency/price comparisons.
>
>Thanks, hope there is someone who can help.

Bill,
i don't what information you have seen, but the recent Productivity
Commission (draft report  on rail reform, issued on 1/4/99) has some
information (reference) on vertical integration.
I think you will find 'hard facts' about productivity hard to find.
The web site is http://www.pc.gov.au/

Regards
Andrew