Re: B2 Failure 09/04

In article <01be86fa$2c019600$1900007e@mmc>, mmc <mmc@hyperlink.net.au> wrote:

>mmc <mmc@hyperlink.net.au> wrote in article
><01be82f4$688aa3a0$1900007e@mmc>...
>>

>> B2.2062 (i think!) failed at the corner of Victoria St and Elizabeth St
>> approx 1500 09/04.
>>
>> From what it appeared the pantograph had snapped. I think repair crews
>> tried to fix it, but eventually B2.2073 (again, I think..) towed it back
>> the depot.
>
>B2.2062 was seen back in service approx 2100 14/4.

 Ive watched a crew replace the bent pan on a B2 outside the Melbourne
convetion centre a couple of years back. Z's , A's and more B's were
gathering behind as a crew climbed up onto the roof and man-handled
a replacement pan up the ladder and swapped it in, then threw the broken
one over the side and packed up as the line of trams passed.
 I presume the entire job was done with the overhead energised, as there
was a queue forming behind them.