Re: Standard Gauge timetables

millewasth@aol.com (MillewaSth) wrote:

>  Does anyone know how I can get any sort of copy of the timetable for all
>trains, goods in particular, on the standard gauge through Victoria? I have
>a broad gauge timetable; from a friend of a friend, but I can't get the SG
>timetable. Mind you, I haven't looked very hard, this is my first port-of-call.

>Thanks in advance
>Rob.

Working timetables for trains in Victoria have ceased to be published,
although publishing could recommence following privatisation.  Most
recently, the V/Line WTT (late 1998) published the times only of
V/Line trains, which meant almost no trains were shown for the SG
lines.

The V/Line, briefly VicTrack and finally V/Line again, WTTs were sales
items at the Railfan shop, but there was usually a limited supply,
which went mostly to subscribers.  They sometimes have back copies.

Geoff Lambert