Sydney Airport line

 Spotted yesterday, mid after noon - 2 RSA scrubber 48 class (one bearing DEMC
lettering) sitting on the flyovers. (On what will be the up line from
the airport.)

 2 tracks disappeared into the tunnel portal. As I went past I could see
lots of flashing lights down the tunnel.

 A co-worker reports seeing some sort of sleeper train near or running into
the tunnel the day before.

 It looks as if the SMD-80 tracklaying machine is in use underground, a
sleeper train and 2 48 class wouldnt be needed to service manual track
laying.
 I assume the smoke fans are already installed and working at Green Square
to provide the air flow needed to operate an entire fleet of diesel powered
equipment in a tunnel that will ultimatly only see electric trains.