Re: Signalling in Victoria

: 3 pos territory. The terms are not interchangeable.

: The reason the term "caution"  is used in 2 pos. territory goes way back to
: when distant signals showed a red light when the arm was horizontal, (caution
: position) back then, a driver upon seeing a distant at caution could expect the
: track to be occupied between the distant and the home. Hence the term "caution"
: The term "warning" implies that you are being warned in advance about something
: and is used in 3 pos territory to warn about an upcoming restrictive signal,
: caution means to travel cautiously as in, the track may be occupied.

So I will change my page to say "caution" not warning for distant signals.

One place you do find "warning" in 2 position areas are repeating signals.
yellow over yellow is "warning"

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord