Re: Hamersley Locomotives

David & Jan Winter wrote:

> Now, here's a question
>
> There's a large number of road-switcher type loco bodies (not just cabs,
> actually went past as a passenger and got to gape this w/end) on a block of
> land to the west of Tonkin Hwy (100km/h, hence just a glance before) in
> Kenwick, between Kelvin Rd and Welshpool Rd (sorry, they're roads in PERTH).
> Colours are mainly green and rust! They look to me like ALCOs (now that
> should start some pulses up!). Anyone know about them, or am I on a
> photographic assignment.
>
> Maybe Chris French knows?
>
> DW
> <snip>

According to recent editions of "Motive Power" and "ARHS Bulletin", all of the
engines and about 8 loco shells (of the CR636/M636 locos)  have been taken down
to Maddington, Perth. _Supposedly_, the loco shells have been sold to Austrac
for their possible future use.
I _assume_ that the engines are still going on to National Railway Equipment
(US).
If anyone knows for sure, can they please email me.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers